Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Paper rears it's head

I didn't say ugly either. I have really missed playing with paper and this time of year I especially love creating cards and tags to top presents and to add to little things I send out.
Today after helping at the retirement home luncheon, I thought it would be nice to start a few things. I am sending out painted ornaments to the girls on our Friendly Palette group. We exchange ornaments yearly and we are building up quite a collection of each others little works of art. It's fun seeing what we come up with each year.
I decided on making some tags to go along with mine and I still need to add a bit of ribbon but these I thought were really cute. I got some stickers from the dollar store that were kind of Primitive and rustic looking. I did the spray ink on my work mat and smooshed around the ink on the tags, added a circle of paint here and there and inked the edges of the tags and they were done. Cute and quick. I hope the girls like them. 




  And I made a couple of cards for some recipients, these are 3D cards,  you add  dimensional tape to raise parts of the image. I used gold glitter and some gold corners. I got the blank tag cards from Michael's, I really like the look of these. Good thing I bought 2 packages. These Santa's were purchased locally from Ecstasy Crafts which is just down the road, a much too convenient store but it has quality and European designs which you can't find just anywhere.

Well it has been a full day.
I must start my shopping this week and get that last order done before my customer calls in a panic. I need someone to cut the wood length for me and if I can nab him before he goes to work tomorrow afternoon we are good to go. 
Take care and just wanted to let you know I have made a Facebook page for Harmony Road Studio so you can follow my arty doins  there as well.
TTFN ♥♥♥

5 comments:

  1. ahh look at lesley claus on your banner ...cute !!! your blog looks very festive :) nice tags les....im sure they will love them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your snowman background! And gorgeous tags & cards, Les. Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some darling tags Les.
    I'm trying to catch up.One more event at the shop and I can breath again !
    I love Christmas but have been working at it since August so it's loosing a bit of it's glitter !!
    Lov & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the Christmas tags and ornaments. You are amazing artist you make it seen so simple. I'm getting better at my crafts thank you for always sharing with your fans.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...